Grant Application Process
In 2023, The Sam and Mary Lawrence Foundation’s Sea2Earth Fund anticipates providing up to $50,000 in grants to 501c3 nonprofit organizations that support the Fund’s goals.
The Fund anticipates most of its grants will be in the $2,500 - $10,000 range. Applications may be for any amount up to $25,000.
Registered 501c3 organizations that support environmental education, habitat restoration, youth development, community gardens, locally based conservation, interpretive, and other innovative activities that connect youth and adults to nature are encouraged to apply.
Letter of Interest - Applicants are asked to provide an initial Letter of Interest (LOI) by September 10, 2023 via email. This should be a brief, one or two page description of the project or program to be funded and presented in the format specified in the link LOI Guidelines
All Letters of Interest received by September 10, 2023 will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- the proposed activity's alignment with the Sea2Earth Fund's core values.
- identification of specific measurable outcomes which the requested funding will yield.
- innovation in programming that push boundaries of community's connection with nature, personal behavior change, and conservation outcomes.
- evidence of community involvement and partnerships, with preference for communities which are underserved and/or isolated from the natural world.
- demonstrated capacity to utilize and manage funds in a responsible, cost effective way.
All applicants will be notified, via email, by October 10, 2023 of the Fund's response to their Letter of Interest. Short listed applicants will be invited to provide additional details relating to their proposals no later than November 10, 2023.
Grant Awards – The Sea2Earth Fund anticipates announcing awards by December 10, 2023. These awards are to be used for programs, projects, and activities extending over an 18-month period from the date of award.
Relationship and Reporting – We seek to engage in relationships of collaboration and trust with Sea2Earth Fund grantees. A brief Progress Report will be requested in 8 months following the award date, as well as a Final Report one month following the conclusion of the 18 month grant period.
Sea2Earth Fund Grant Timeline:
September 10, 2023 - Letters of Interest (LOI) due
October 10, 2023 - A short list of applicants will be invited to submit full proposals.
November 10, 2023 - Full Proposals due from selected applicants.
December 10, 2023 - Grants Awarded
August 10, 2024 - 8 Month Progress Report due
June 10, 2025 - Final Report due